Monday, March 16, 2009

Sneak Peek! Lot's of Fiber Happening Here!

Hey, so check it out. I've got all kinds of stuff going on here today! (channelling Randy Jackson) Here's a sneak peek at the Merino/Silk (50/50) fresh from the kettle and drying out in the Arizona Sun. I had to go with an Emerald in honor of St. Patrick's Day. I threw in a couple of my personal favs, Gypsy Wine and Golden Ochre. I tried something a little different with the blue. I knew I wanted a blue shade and something bright for Spring and Summer, but I just wasn't in the mood for Sapphire, Turquoise or Sky Blue. I decided to mix a couple together and I'm calling this hue Royal Turquoise. You'll be able to see it better when I take a close-up tomorrow, but it turned out really nice. I love turquoise, but sometimes I think straight turquoise can be a little one dimensional and not really a good representation of the natural stone. I new the merino and the silk would take the color each in their own unique way and to give it even more depth, I added in some Royal Blue . It turned out really pretty. I can't wait for you to see it when it's dry.

While I was playing outside with my camera, I took a couple more pictures. I've always wanted to take a better shot of my Beaded Happy Green yarn. I knew it would look nice out in the grass on a sunny day. So here it is, appearing like a carefree little garden snake.






Last, but not least today, I finally finished spinning my hemp. It's not even listed at Wind Rose Art Yarn yet so this is really a sneak peek. So here it is, all 125 yards of Handspun Azalea Hemp.

So that's what's happening around here today. What's happening in your studio?

2 comments:

Nisha said...

I love the beaded yarn! i think that i'm so used to the manufactured, perfect to specifications stuff that art yarn is now like a, while identified, still very foreign object in my world.
love your vivid colors!
I'll be photographing and hopefully listing something today♥

Jags said...

oooh pretty!