Saturday, August 23, 2008

Knitter's Basket: The perfect place to keep your latest project!




In 2007 I moved all the way across the country from Virginia to Arizona. It's been a good move, but one of the hardest things I left behind was the group of women and girls with whom I shared my craft. So you can imagine how pleased I was to connect with a couple women in my new hometown who like to do handwork. We formed a little craft group and on the first day two of us showed up with our work in project baskets. The third, our beginning knitter, commented on how she would need to find a basket for her things as well. Of course I couldn't let that go, so I made some baskets from my large inventory of yarn and at our next meeting, I let each of my new friends pick one. It was a nice bonding moment.

Most of the women I know who are knitters or crocheters, have impressive collections of baskets and tote bags, but there are people new to yarn crafting everyday who are just getting started. What a great gift to give them a crocheted basket with handles to keep their work in. You can carry your work anywhere you go or have it sitting out on a coffee table looking cute and waiting for you. I have 8 of them is stock right now at Wind Rose in all different colors. So if you are looking for a gift idea, I thought I'd share this one with you. The basket alone is a nice gift or you could have some fun stuffing it full of beautiful yarn or roving or maybe even something sweet!

No comments: