Friday, August 29, 2008

Crocheted Baby Cozy - a work in progress

On August 12th I shared my latest baby design which I'm calling The Baby Cozy. The Picture to the right here is the prototype. I was really happy with how the design turned out, but there was one thing. It's too small. It would be a nice fit for a newborn and then in about four weeks there is no way a baby would fit in there. The idea of the cozy is for is to be a little more cocoon-like and close fitting, but I want moms to be able to get more use out of the cozy than that. I'm going for at least three months. Here are a couple more pictures of a newborn sized doll in the prototype. As you can see, she is already completely filling the cozy.



So now I'm working on a new enlarged worsted weight cozy. So far the size is looking much better. I will say that after seeing these pictures which I took earlier today, I'll be ripping out the brown and possibly making both flaps pink. I'm not sure yet. I'll have to see what yarn colors I have in stock. So ignore the brown that doesn't quite match and just focus on the size. I think it's going to be much better. I'll be sure to post pics when it's all done.



I have already made the larger version of The Baby Cozy in a bulky weight for colder climates. I have two in stock at Wind Rose, one in boy colors and of course one for girls. I think the worsted weight will be more popular and I plan to keep a few in stock once I get going. As for the prototype, I will probably list it at a discounted price and make sure people know that it's a smaller size. I think it would be perfect for a premature baby. I also like that the colors are neutral and would work well for a boy or a girl.

No comments: