Thursday, August 28, 2008

Felted Lantern Necklace - A quick and easy crochet project!




This is a fun little design that I created for my crochet students. I call them Lantern Necklaces at Wind Rose Fiber Studio because they have that shape reminiscent of a paper latern, but with my crochet kids I called them Wishing Necklaces. You see, each one has a colored glass rock inside and the kids got to pick out the rock they wanted. Then, before the rock is crocheted into the lantern pouch, they made a wish. If they didn't want to wish for anything, they could just pick their favorite color. Once the rock is inside, it also serves the purpose of giving the necklace a little weight so it lays nice. The necklace is made all in one continuous piece so there is no worry of it falling apart. The tail end has beads strung onto it for added decoration and the finished piece slips right over your head and feels soft next to your skin. The pendant measures 2 to 2.5 inches.

I'm thinking about featuring this pattern in September if there is any interest. Please let me know if this is a project you would like to try. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am visiting the Phoenix area this weekend and wanted to know if you teach any classes. I would love to learn any of your techniques.
Please let me know.
michelebeth917@aol.com