Monday, August 4, 2008

I took the Handmade Pledge! Have you?

I just went back to visit BuyHandmade.org today.  There are now 23,046 people who have taken the Handmade Pledge.  I think this is absolutely awesome!  For those who may be unfamiliar, taking the Handmade Pledge means promising to buy handmade for your loved ones this holiday season and requesting they do the same for you.  I'm always looking for unique gifts for my family and friends (when I run out of time to make them myself) and craft shows are usually my favorite place to shop.  I love supporting individual artists and there is just something so fun about discovering the perfect, distinctive gift.  I want the recipients of my offerings to ask, "Where did you find this?" (In a good way of course.) So when you start to think about your holiday shopping, consider the Handmade Pledge.  

No comments: