Friday, April 23, 2010

Miser's Purse ~ A New Design


I just wanted to show you that I finished my Miser's Purse last night. I kept the beads simple, but I used multifaceted crystals to add some sparkle. I made a basic tassel because I thought is was the most in keeping with the purses of this style from the late 19th century.

I wish you could see it in person. It's hard to capture long pieces like this in good light. The clouds aren't helping me much this week either. Sometimes you just can't seem to get away from shadows.

Anyway, I'm kind of torn about whether or not to write a pattern for this. I like it, but then I'm kind of into this whole vintage thing right now. The question is, would anyone else like it enough to want to make one of their own?

It could be finished differently and of course it could be in any color or made with all sorts of fibers. I just don't know about this one. Should I or shouldn't I?

7 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

Write the pattern. I think the purse is lovely and lots of people would want to knit it. I can see it on my wish list.

Jenn said...

It's a bit whiney of me to ask for encouragement. LOL! I just know that this pattern will be a bit of a challenge to write. Thanks for you kind reply!

Zzz said...

#2: write the pattern :).

Via Verde Farm said...

What a beautiful purse. Would love the pattern!

Unknown said...

Would love to make one of these, please write the pattern!
Just found your blog and have found it very inspiring.

Jenn said...

Well gee, thanks everybody. I guess I'll be writing this pattern too!

Hi Rosie. Nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

Can't remember how I got here the other night.
But I'm back!

To see if you have written up the Miser's Purse pattern. It really is good looking enough to wait for.
(To lessen the challenge of writing up the pattern, it helps to knit another one.)

Happy knitting,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca
(Lose the spaces and change caps to symbols.)