Monday, September 8, 2008

Today at Wind Rose Fiber Studio #10 - What this Etsy store owner does to keep her business going.

I use my "Today at Wind Rose" entries as a way to organize my thoughts and sort  through my projects.  

First: recreation.  My in-laws were visiting this past weekend and stayed at the FireSky Resort and Spa in Scottsdale, AZ.  On Saturday we joined them for an afternoon by the pool and it was sooo nice!  I've already made a link so you can check it out if you want to, but one of the special features was a pool with a sandy area.  There were two pools actually, but one had a wade in area with a sandy shore.  My kids loved it;  all the fun of the beach without jellies!

As for ongoing projects, I seem to be in a low energy slump.  It happens.  I'm still working on a baby cozy for boys and I'm about halfway there.  I have about four different skeins of yarn in production that I need to get busy on, and I'm probably due for a dyeing day.  

In other news, I'm still getting aquainted with Ravelry.  I think I've accepted that it just takes a little time to get going with a big site like Ravelry.  I've put in a request to be considered a "yarnie" (spinner) and a designer.  I'm looking forward to sharing with this vibrant community.  I also like that there is a strong crochet presence.  Crochet always seems to get second billing to knitting, but that is less the case at Ravelry.  Here Here!

I hope all of your projects are going well!  See you tomorrow!

No comments: