Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Crochet-Along The Next Steps: The Baby Cozy

Good Morning! I apologize to people in other time zones who might be waiting on me. I wanted to crochet through the next three rows before I wrote them out for you so I don't miss any details. It's funny, right now both of my kids are studying functional text at school. My older son, who is very left brained, is not very happy about it. So which is harder, following functional text or writing it? I know I'm feeling some amount of pressure to write very clearly and get it right the first time. I don't want anyone to have to rip out rows because of me! So here goes:

Row 87: Ch 2 (counts as first hdc of the row) turn, 2 hdc in first st (first corner made), 34 hdc across, 3 hdc in last st (second corner made), do not turn, continue down the side of your rectangle, work 1 hdc in the end of each row to equal 86 hdc, 3 hdc in 1st st of beg ch on bottom edge (third corner made), 34 hdc across, 3 hdc in next st (fourth corner made), now continue working down the other long side of your rectangle once again by working 1 hdc for each row to equal 86 sts, join with sl st to top of beg ch 2.

Row 88: Ch 2 (counts as first hdc of the row) turn, hdc in next 87 sts (be careful not to crochet into the small space that almost looks like a st at the base of your ch 2), 3 hdc in next st (corner), hdc in next 36 sts, 3 hdc in next st (corner), hdc in next 88 sts, 3 hdc in next st (corner), hdc in next 36 sts, 3 hdc in next st (corner), join with sl st to top of beg ch 2.

Row 89: Ch 2 (counts as first hdc of the row) turn, (The side facing you now is the right side of your cozy) hdc in next st (again, be careful not to crochet into the small space that almost looks like a st at the base of your ch 2), 3 hdc in next st (corner), hdc in next 38 sts, 3 hdc in next st (corner), hdc in next 90 sts, 3 hdc in next st (corner), hdc in next 38 sts, 3 hdc in next st (corner), hdc in next 88 sts, join with sl st to top of beg ch 2.

4 comments:

Prairie Girl said...

Hi Jenn,

I just came across your site and although I'd be a bit behind in starting I'd love to join your crochet-along.

Jenn said...

Welcome! I'm excited to have you join in. I've been doing this crochet-along at sort of a fast pace, mostly because I need to have my cozy done by next Wednesday. I hope everyone making their own Baby Cozy feels free to go at their own relaxed speed. I check into my blog every day, so even after I'm done, I'll be looking to see if people have questions.

Thanks for joining in and I hope you enjoy the project!

Jenn

tami said...

Hi! my name is Tami. I am already a gram. My grandson calls me "Ama". but i will be a great aunt in Jan so i was searching around for a bunting. I was actually looking for the precise one i made for my grandson but cant find it any longer. anyway i came across this and thought i'd give it a go! have just now finished R87 and calling it a night. its 11:30pm and i made 88 rows instead of 86 so i had to tear two out then i made the 4 corners and 3 sides without a prob but the 4th side i had to make 3 times to get it right. sigh. but thanx. this is great and i cant wait for Christmas to give it to my nephew and his girl.

Unknown said...

Hello... I have finished part 1 and when I try to click on Part 2...it doesn't come up. Help me please...lol