Saturday, September 27, 2008

Crochet-Along: The Baby Cozy - Making the left flap

Hello there. I hope you are all having a nice weekend. I just got home from a couple hours in the park with my family so I'm feeling pretty happy and mellow. If you are just joining us and starting your baby cozy, welcome! I'm sure this is a crazy fast crochet-along especially for a project of this size. Just know that I visit my blog everyday and will be here to answer questions long after the final instructions go up. As you work through your cozies, I'd love to hear feedback so I can improve my future crochet-alongs. When you are finished, if you would like to share a picture, you can send images to j.pedersengiles@gmail.com and let me know if I can share them on this blog. I also wanted to let you know that once I finish with all of the instructions, I'll make a post that contains the pattern only and maybe a few less pictures. That way you'll have something easier to print off for your pattern collection.

Are you ready? Here's the left side panel or flap:

(When I posted this yesterday, I forgot to add that you make this left flap in the third color yarn you chose. Of course you can use your colors any way you like, but for the sake of this pattern, you would now be switching colors.)

Row 1: With the wrong side of the cozy facing you, join with a sl st in the lower left hand corner of the cozy. (When I say lower left hand, I mean the lower left corner of the piece when you are looking at it from the front. see picture) sc in same st and in next 57 sts. Equals 58 sts

Rows 2 and 3: Ch 2 turn, hdc across, equals 58 sts

Row 4: Ch 2 turn, hdc dec over first two sts, hdc across, equals 57 sts

Row 5: Ch 2 turn, hdc dec over first two sts, hdc across to last two sts, hdc dec over last two sts, equals 55 sts

Rows 6-38: repeat rows 4 and 5 consecutively, row 38 will have 7 sts

Finishing
Ch 1, do not turn, crocheting along bottom edge, work 1 sc into the end of each row for a total of 37 sc, sl st in the end of the last row, sl st in the same space as the joining space of row 1.

Ch 1 turn, skip first sl st space and sl st into the next st, sc in the next 35 sts, 3 sc in next st (corner made) sc in next 5 sts, 3 sc in next st (corner made), crocheting along the top edge, work 1 sc in each row for the next 37 rows, sl st in last row, join with sl st in same space as the last st of row 1. Finish off weaving in all loose ends.

OK, that's it for today! I'll be back tomorrow with some final finishing instructions, the tie mainly and some pictures of my finished Baby Cozy. See you then.

The Baby Cozy ~ Part I
The Baby Cozy ~ Part II
The Baby Cozy ~ Part III
The Baby Cozy ~ Part IV
The Baby Cozy ~ Part V
The Baby Cozy ~ Part VI

No comments: