Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Kathleen's Beaded Yarn - I finally finished!


It was way back on July 17th when I first blogged about the yarn I'm spinning for my mother-in-law's birthday. Almost 3 months later, I can finally say "I'm finished!" I really don't know why it took me so long. I guess I could blame summer or the kids being home, but it's more likely that knowing her birthday wasn't until October made me think I had all the time in the world. The next think I knew, it was October and my time was running up.

Since I shared the project with you at the start, I thought you might like to see the finished yarn. If you are reading this Kathleen, NO PEAKING! Just kidding. So here it is, all 293 yards of it! I also made another 93 yards of the yarn without beads for working the trim on whatever project Kathleen chooses for her beaded yarn. The yarn is undyed Merino wool with sparking firestar spun end to end with faceted glass beads. Happy early Birthday Kathleen and watch your mail. It's coming!

No comments: