Friday, August 21, 2009

Cherry Firestar ~ It looks sweet enough to eat!


Firestar is good sparkly fun. I've gotten to the point where I couldn't imagine this fiber life without it. I'm a sucker for glitz and I have to talk myself out of adding it to everything I do. LOL!

This color is particularly sweet. This Cherry Firestar always makes me think of Nerds candy. Is is just me?

If you are new to Firestar:
It's a sparkling nylon fiber, created like roving with a generous (around 4") staple length. It can be spun on its own for a shimmering skein of yarn that would be stunning for warm weather garments. More commonly, it is used to add sparkle to projects. A little Firestar can go a long way. Simply tease loose the fibers and introduce them sparingly to your roving as you spin. The end result will be a skein of yarn full of lustrous shine. Firestar blends incredibly well with other fibers and will even needle felt!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you on this one, Firestar simply makes everything better :)

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

LOvE the color!