Thursday, October 1, 2009

Desert Gold ~ A new shade of wool roving!




The flowers you see here are the Mexican Bird of Paradise. It's nearing the end of their flowering season, but they are still radiant! When I moved to Arizona from Virginia, I didn't expect the desert to be without color, but I was truly amazed by just how much color there is. Perhaps the oranges, yellows, purples and pinks stand out even more brilliant against the earthy landscape.

The desert is, in fact, rich with color and the inspiration for the name of this new shade of roving, Desert Gold. This ounce got away from me and is posing as a Bird of Paradise. Did she fool you?

I know. I'm being silly, but perhaps one of the most dominant colors you find here is orange; every possible hue of orange. It's extraordinary. They can range from the deepest orange red to the palest orange yellow. When the cactus flower, they create a breathtaking display.

So from my inspiration to yours, you can now find Desert Orange at Wind Rose on Etsy and also in my ArtFire shop.

No comments: