Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Teal Sparkle (1.5oz/125 handspun yards)


I promised Hanna and Lan I would spin their wool batt by the time they get back from the Grand Canyon. (Everyone who comes to visit us also goes to the Grand Canyon.) I want them to get to see and feel the yarn that their carding experience created.

I had to name this skein Teal Sparkle. These are fibers I may never have chosen on my own, but they are so beautiful! It's about 30% each of Teal Merino and Soy Silk and then 40% Firestar in Teal and Spruce. It was really fun watching the girls pick out the fibers. The fact that they threw in extra Firestar makes this skein super duper sparkly. It even has a slight eyelash quality. It's been such a fun experience that I just may have all future guests design a skein as part of their Arizona experience. I liked getting away from my favorites and seeing my studio through the youthful eyes of my dear young friends!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love the sparkle!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Sounds like you guys had fun :)