Thursday, June 25, 2009

How Do You Picture Gold?


When you think of Gold, do you picture something more yellow or something more brown? I'm just curious. I'd like to settle on a nice gold Firestar to keep as a mainstay in the shop. These are the two golds I dyed this morning. I guess I personally see the color on the right as a more true gold, but I like the other color too. Maybe I just offer them both, but then what do I name them? Light Gold, Dark Gold? Yellow Gold, True Gold?

As always, I love your feedback! Which gold do you like best?

4 comments:

April said...

I definitely feel like the one on the right is more of the "true gold", but I do think that the one on the left is something that many people look for when trying to design/create. I do website design and people always associate the color on the left more with gold. So maybe it would be beneficial to keep both for a while? Maybe the one on the right as "antique gold" or something like that?

-April

Jenn said...

Thanks April! I think you're right and I like the sound of Antique Gold. Awesome suggestion!

Jags said...

I like them both too, they would serve 2 different purposes depending on what hind of yarn you were making!

And I was going to say antique gold too lol

you could call the other Goldilocks, i think that would be cute!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

I agree that the one on the right is more of a true gold - but I bet you'll get a lot of people who expect the brighter color when they think of gold...