Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Painted Wool Bracelet


A few days ago I shared a bracelet I made after being inspired by Rebecca Smith. That bracelet has found a home in my own jewelry box, but I made a second one. This Painted Wool Bracelet, wrapped in Merino Wool and embellished with wire and glass beads, is now available only at Wind Rose on ArtFire.

I really enjoyed making this piece. I love the colors and more than once I've been temped to put it one and wear it, but I decided that this one is for you. I also changed the way that the bracelet closes so that it is now adjustable. It will fit nicely on wrist sizes between 5 1/2 to 7 inches.

I have found that with this style bracelet, it's nice to be able to adjust the size for a close fit. It sits pleasantly on the wrist and the inside of the bracelet lies flat making it comfortable to use a keyboard or write a note. The bracelet is approximately 1/2 thick at the widest point. The size might make you think that it's heavy, but the bracelet only weighs half an ounce!

Right now this piece is one of a kind, but I have some ideas rolling around in my head for other designs. I love the idea of making my own beads and goodness knows I have the wool. I'm happy to have found another way to combine my passions for beadwork and fiber!

No comments: