Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Furry Five Year Old Muk Luks


I tried to post this picture for the Ravelry group that has been working along with me in my Mini Muk Luk Tutorial. I still seem to be a little Ravelry challenged at times. I know how to post project pics, but I'm not sure about thread pictures. So if you can enlighten me, that would be awesome.

In the meantime, it occurred to me that, duh, I do have a blog! So these are my crazy, furry muk luks that have gotten me through the past five winters. The yarn I used for the squares did have an eyelash quality which has developed with age. I wish I could remember the name of the yarn, but since I started seriously spinning, my trips to local yarn stores have become infrequent.

These muk luks have held up so well. I haven't had to perform a single repair. The soles are still in great shape and the over all muk luks have sort of molded to my feet over time. They weren't just made by me, now they're made for me. It makes me happy every time I pull these out of my closet. I just think they are totally fun! I hope you are still enjoying your muk luks after five years!


Follow-up Article

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Jenn~
I just happened to find your blog site and am in love with the taller version of the muk luks! I'm hoping that my ability to follow your instructions is up to par; it looks like you put a ton of time and effort into writing up your pattern and making the tutorials. You're very talented. Thank you so much! I'm sure that the number of crocheters and knitters would be greatly decreased without mentors such as you to help us along.

Jenn said...

Hi Lynda,
Thanks for your comment. The pattern I've shared is for the shorter muk luks, but Ihope that if you read through it, you will be able to discern how to make the taller version. Each boot has 5 squares instead of three. Think of it as building on an additional story. I don't have a pattern written for the tall ones mostly because this is one of my more involved designs and I know that the pattern will take a pretty big block of time to do it up right. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the Mini Muk Luk pattern. All the best! ~Jenn