Saturday, March 6, 2010

No Cats Allowed ~ Not Even Cute Ones


It's been almost two years since I first introduced you to our rescue kittens, Elvis and Costello. They're not kittens anymore. They have grown into big healthy young cats and they continue to make life fun around here.

I have managed to teach them that my studio is a No Cat Zone, but that doesn't keep them from wishing. They just know how much fun they could have if only they were left alone in that room for a couple hours.

I am in the practice of keeping my studio door shut. Why tempt a furry fate? Every so often however, when I'm just running in to grab something, I'll leave the door cracked. On my way back out, I usually stumble over a cat or two who just had to take a peek at the forbidden goodies. Sometimes I'll go into my studio to get some work done. I may be in there for hours. When I open the door to leave, both Elvis and Costello will be sitting right outside looking up at me with hope in their eyes.

The cats do have their own yarn basket, but they know where I keep the good stuff!

1 comment:

Kathryn Dyche said...

He, he, he, cats are so funny. They always want to go where they shouldn't. For ours it's down in our unfinished basement. :0)