Monday, February 8, 2010

Crochet Spa Basket


I'm still in Crochet For Fun mode here at Wind Rose. Last night I made this small spa basket using organic cotton yarn. I wanted something pretty to hold my large Himalayan Salt Crystals.

I have to admit that I'm completely drawn to anything that promotes relaxation and healing. I love salt because I've used it for years to soothe my skin when I get psoriasis flare ups. Salt crystals are also said to improve air quality by balancing out the excessive positive ions produced by things like computers. That's why this little basket is sitting on my desk.

In case I've just gotten you interested in salt crystals, I did a little Googling and there are quite a few stores where you can buy Himalayan Salt Crystals of your own. Isabella sells them in large chunks like the ones I have in my basket, but there are lots of venues. Just search Himalayan Salt Crystals and you'll find them.

Wouldn't a little spa basket like this one look pretty next to the bath? I think I may have come up with a nice gift idea!

No comments: