Monday, January 19, 2009

Dyeing My Little Heart Out! Merino/Silk, Soy Silk, Hemp, Bamboo - Coming this week to Wind Rose Fiber Studio!

Hello to all. I know I have not been my ususal bloggity self lately. I feel so guilty, but the truth is, I've had a few events in my life that have placed demands on my time and my emotions. My mother-in-law just passed away from cancer. Well now you now the emotional part. I have actually mentioned her before on this blog. This past fall I designed beaded yarn for her birthday and shared that with my blog readers. Kathleen has always been one of my great supporters and probably one of the first people to leave a comment on this blog. There are so many things about her that I'll miss, but sharing our creativity will be one of the big things. We had so much fun showing each other the projects we were working on. I'll always remember sitting in comfy chairs in her living room working on our latest, and talking about this, that and everything in between.

I may go into it more on another post, but I have also taken on a new job. It's a labor of love sort of job, but it's still extra work. I'm also determined to hold onto my fiber work because it keeps me balanced and happy, but with my time divided, things like blogging every day haven't quite happened. Many of the things that I used to do in my down time have taken a hit because I just don't have much down time right now. When my husband and I were sharing New Years Resolution thoughts, I said that I have only one this year, to be Superwoman. I need to tap into that Superwoman within to find the energy to do all the things I want and need to to and to do them well. So that's my resolution ... to be Superwoman.

I guess I haven't even talked about all of the fiber I'm dyeing yet. Please come visit Wind Rose Fiber Studio this week and see all of the lovely new fibers and colors. All weekend I've been dyeing Soy Silk as you can see in the picture. I've also been working with Merino/Silk, a gorgeous fiber, and bamboo and hemp as well. I've been busy, busy, busy! I'll be listing new items all week and posting pictures here.

I hope everyone is having a great New Year! Blessings to all!

No comments: