Sunday, January 4, 2009

Burnt Orange Khaki Merino Roving - New Shade From Wind Rose Fiber Studio!

I've been working hard the last few days to bring more colors back into my shop at Wind Rose. Most of the colors I dyed are already staples in the shop, but I did create one new shade.

I'm calling this one Burnt Orange Khaki. I am in love with this new color!!! This is not a solid, but more of a variegated roving with a khaki base, a deeper brown that I have to say makes me think of teddy bears and areas of rich burnt orange. If you like warm colors, you are going to delight in this roving! Imagine it with all of the colors of fall. I can see mixing this roving with a host of different hues from red, orange and yellow for a more harmonious blend to green, blue and purple for striking contrast. It would also be fun to spin on its own and watch each unique tone come to life!

1 comment:

Jags said...

It would be wonderful for a scarf in desert colors!