Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bamboo Roving in Four Bright Colors!

There is no fiber quite like Bamboo. It shines like silk, feels and breathes like cotton, and drapes beautifully. Not only that, but you can feel good about using Bamboo. As an annually renewable resource, it's not harmful to the environment. More and more I see clothes made from bamboo or bamboo blends not to mention a whole host of other products on the market.

I don't dye bamboo often, so when I do it feels like a special event. So allow me to introduce four bright new shades of bamboo to Wind Rose. There's Amethyst, Avocado, Wild Raspberry and a brilliant Red. I have a couple more colors on the way. They'll make their debut soon!

2 comments:

Fu-Rubin said...

can you felt bamboo Roving like wool?

Jenn said...

Hi. I just saw your question. Sorry to keep you waiting. You can needle felt bamboo, but not wet felt. You may find this post interesting:

http://windrosefiberstudio.blogspot.com/2008/10/can-you-felt-bamboo-and-soy-silk.html

Thanks for visiting!