Saturday, November 15, 2008

Today at Wind Rose Fiber Studio #12 - The Great Reorganization!

It's safe to say that I've been distracted over the last few days. The one year anniversary of my Etsy store is fast approaching and it has me thinking about the future. Year number one has been great and I've come a long way from the intimidated soul I was to the seller I am today. Now I am looking towards year number two and how to grow my business and make my shop even better.

As Wind Rose Fiber Studio has grown in size, I've batted around the idea of a second shop. I put it off because of uncertainty and a feeling that generating brand recognition and a customer base was more important than expansion. It's clear to me now that the core of my business is my dye work. I've decided to make that the full focus of my original shop. To do so, it's time to expand and diversify. It's important that I clear out room at Wind Rose so that I can give the roving the space and organization it deserves.

So here is my plan. I'm not just opening one new shop, I'm opening two and maybe three. I've already gotten started. I will now be selling the largest portion of my handmade at Artfire. I want them to get a chance to be bigger fish in a smaller pond. I'm sure it won't take long before Artfire explodes onto the scene, but for now it might be a venue where my handmade will be less lost in the crowd. It' will take a while to transfer things over, but you can see my new beginnings at my Artfire studio. At Etsy I'll be opening Wind Rose Boutique for my high end pieces; things in which I have more money and time invested. What I can't decide is whether or not to keep my handspun yarn with the fiber or open a shop just for the yarn. For now, I have more than enough to keep me busy!

No comments: