Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Love Nuno Felt? You Have To See This!



This is my third post featuring Michele Johnson of Laughing Cloud Studio, and I have to say, I saved the best for last! I met Michele at the Southwest Fiber Festival and it was there that I saw her dye work. I bought some beautiful "Poppy" colored Wensleydale locks that I shared here on my blog, but what I haven't shown you yet is her hand painted yarn. So here is a photograph of her incredible, hand painted, luscious Italian Merino. Aren't those colors striking?





Ok, but what I really can't wait to show you, is Michele's unbelievable nuno felt. She's been holding out on us!

Her pieces are so extraordinary and original that they leave me speechless!

I don't have comments from Michele on her work. She just modestly sends me a few pictures. She's like a mild mannered "Diana Prince" who goes into her studio and becomes "Wonder Woman"!


I guess I'll just let the pictures do the talking...







It's just so pretty!
















So hang out, click on the images to see enlarged views, and then just ooh and ahh for a while. That's my advice to you today! And remember, if you live here in Arizona, you can pay Michele a visit at Cascabel's 28th Christmas Fair on Saturday and Sunday December
6 & 7, 2008.


1 comment:

agoodwitchtoo said...

I've oohed and aahed appropriately... What gorgeous creations!