Saturday, November 29, 2008

Carbonized Bamboo Yarn - Handspun with Metallic Thread

Hello. I hope everyone had a super Thanksgiving! I guess I can't leave you looking at a chimp and a tiger cub forever. LOL! It's time to get back to fiber!

Before our holiday, I blogged about Carbonized Bamboo also known as Black Diamond or Black Gold. I also promised to share pictures when I finished spinning up my first skein. So here is my first skein of Black Diamond! It's plied with a metallic thread. Metallic threads feature a strong textured polyester
filament core with a metallized foil wrap. The foil on the thread I used has a prismatic effect and as the light plays off of it, you can see all the colors of the rainbow. It allows the softness and the gorgeous color of the bamboo to be center stage while it adds some light and sparkle.



I'm about to list this 126 yard skein in my shop at Wind Rose Art Yarn, but I wanted to share it with you first. Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments: