Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hemp, Bamboo, Superwash Merino and Blue Faced Leicester - Available Now at Wind Rose!

Good Afternoon! First of all, I promise I will be getting back to my series on nuno felt. I just need a few days to play catch up. Shipments I've been waiting on have come in and I have a lot of organizing and dyeing to do.

Now my studio is brimming with bags of fiber. I was planning on dyeing or spinning them and then listing the finished roving. That's still my plan, but I decided that I would also post some of the raw fiber. I know there are a lot of people who enjoy doing their own dyeing as well as people who are looking for dye-free, so I'm listing some just for you!




So from left to right and top to bottom, you have Hemp, Bamboo, Superwash Merino, and Blue Faced Leicester. I've been spinning hemp for the first time and it spins up great. It's really nice to be able to control the weight of your own hemp yarn. The Bamboo is bright and lustrous and the Superwash Merino is super soft. I'm excited about offering a machine wash and dry wool. Just as soon as I can, I'll have some colors of the superwash in the store for you. Just remember, superwash is not for felting. What is for felting is Blue faced Leicester. It felts wonderfully and is also one of my favorites to spin. It has a long staple length and a very nice crimp.

At Wind Rose I also offer 22 Micron Merino and Natural Soy Silk. I'm always expanding my inventory. Someday I hope to be your one stop fiber shop! See you soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenn,
Thanks so much for the great blog - can't wait until you are my one-stop roving shop! Now if you'll just start teaching locally I'll be a really happy (newbie) felter :)

Jenn said...

Hi, I noticed your a neighbor! Even better, you have beer in your avatar. My husband is a home brewer. :D
I've been in AZ for a little over a year and have only met one or two crafty types here in Chandler. Very pleased to meet you! I've got some felting experience, but I really want to learn more. I'll be sharing my adventures here on my blog. I'd love to see pictures of your work sometime!