Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Skin Tones Are Coming!


This is a picture of what the floor of my studio looks like tonight. That's 3 pounds and 2 ounces of wool laying out to dry. We are having our third rainy weekend in a row which is very unusual for AZ this time of year. This has forced me to use my studio as a drying room.

Except for the pink in the foreground, it's wall to wall skin tones. A customer made a request for one of each color which was the motivation I needed to not only dye my out of stock colors, but the complete set of eight.

It's pretty much impossible to dye every skin tone, but I have designed a line to represent different ethnicities from all over the world. The colors include: Porcelain Fair, Peach Glow, Sun Touched, South Pacific, Mediterranean, Golden Brown, Chestnut Brown, and Deeper Brown.

So I'm not just here to report that I'm about to have all of my skin tones back in stock. I have even better news. I've had so many people ask and now, for the first time, I'm going to make samplers out of the collection. The samplers will include all eight colors. I actually plan to make two. One sampler will be .5oz of each color and then I'm going to make another with .25 of each color plus two bonus colors.

Felting friends have expressed an interest in smaller sizes even smaller than the 1oz size I now offer. I am pleased to be able to finally offer my skin tone line in a sampler. Putting these sets together is a lot of work and very time consuming. That's part of the reason it has taken me so long to make them. I have a feeling that once they are in the store, they won't last very long. As soon as I get them listed, I'll be back to post links for you. I want my interested blog readers to get first dibs!

2 comments:

Kathryn Dyche said...

Sounds like you've been busy.

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Yummy, all those fibers. Wow.