Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Three Random Things

I'm winding down for the night, waiting for the next new episode of V to come on so I can watch it with my son. There's nothing like a little Sci-Fi bonding with my boy. While I'm just hangin' out, I thought I'd share three, kind of random things that are on my mind.

1. Endicia ~ This is the online postage server I use for Wind Rose Fiber Studio. When I first started selling, the most frustrating thing was posting my sales. I sell globally and the USPS site didn't (I haven't checked in a while, so I guess this may have changed, but I doubt it.) allow for a first class international option which is the most reasonable way to ship worldwide. After about six months of waiting in line every time I had an international sale, I found Endicia. Endicia is quick and easy and will let me ship first class internationally. I use it for all of my business now and I love it! They even offer a 30 day free trial if you just want to check it out. After that, it's $15.95 a month and worth every penny! Just think, if you mail 100 packages a month, that's just 16¢ each. Now I print all of my postage at home and just drop off my orders. It's awesome!

2. Bill Atkinson PhotoCard ~ I was reading my Endicia newsletter today and the first article was about this great new App called Bill Atkinson Photocard. If you go to the iTunes App Store, just copy and paste the name into the search box and it will come right up for you. Bill Atkinson is both a nature photographer and a computer software "legend" at Apple. I LOVE this app!!! What it allows you to do is to either use one of Mr Atkinson's amazing pictures or take one of your own and turn it into a postcard. It's just like the real thing only better. You can write your note choosing a favorite font, decorate your card with stickers, address it to the lucky recipient and even pick your stamp. Now here's the really cool part. You can email your postcard for free or you can send it just like a real postcard! "If you choose the postal mail format, your recipient will get a real 8.25 x 5.5 inch postcard, printed on glossy stock by a state-of-the-art HP Indigo digital press." They outline the costs so you know what to expect. Imagine, you could be in London and take a picture of the kids in front of Buckingham Palace, and then send it as a postcard to family back home! I've already sent a couple in email format and I had so much fun choosing my photographs and decorating them. I know I said this already, but I love this App!


3. Dew Covered Sleeping Insects ~ This may sound strange or creepy, but trust me and just have a look at these pictures. They are spectacular! I discovered these through my husband who was led to them by his favorite blog Daring Fireball.

1 comment:

Heather Woollove said...

I just LOVE these insects!! What a wonderful site. Thanks!