Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Zinnia Flower ~ Free Crochet Pattern

I just wrote up this pattern for my crochet class, so I'm happily sharing it with you as well. The Veined Leaf Pattern is also coming.

In addition to the written instructions below, you can view a complete video tutorial on my youtube channel. How to Crochet a Zinnia Flower

Zinnia Pattern

chain 2 leaving 12” beg tail
pattern is worked in the round
Row 1: 6 sc in second st from hook
Row 2: working in back loops only, 2 sc in each st around (12 sc)
Row 3: working in back loops of Row 2, sl st in next st, ch 10, sl st in same st, repeat around until you have 12 large petals
Row 4: Working in front loops of Row 2, sl st in next st, ch 8, sl st in same st, repeat around until you have 12 medium petals
Row 5: Working in front loops of Row 1, sl st in next st, ch 6, sl st in same st, repeat around until you have 6 small petals
Finish off weaving in all loose ends on the back side of the flower or use to affix flower to pin back or other projects.

4 comments:

noelani said...

I have to thank you for your patterns! I am not that great at following patterns, and usually just play by ear, when I crochet, but I have no trouble following yours. The Zinnia flower is gorgeous, as is the deco rose, and the veined leaf is the nicest leaf pattern I have found.

I made all of them from 100% cotton worsted, with an H or I hook. My deco rose came out with more layers than the one in the picture, but it is still very pretty. On the veined leaf, I had to chain 2 at the end of the first side, because I couldn't see how to slip stitch with just 1 chain. It came out looking fine, though.

Thanks again!

Sukrithaa said...

Nice pattern. I made this for a mobile pouch.

Unknown said...

I love this pattern. Quick and easy!! Making about 100 of them for my graduation party centerpieces.
Thanks for posting :)

Unknown said...

Lovely. Thnk u for sharing