Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Vintage Automobile Bonnet ~ Pattern in the Works Part II



I'm so close I can taste it, but the perfectionist in me is going to make just one more adjustment before I finalize the pattern and make it available. I have a couple new angles for you today. I haven't shown you how cute the back of the hat is yet. See those little picots across the nape of the neck? Sweet. I also have a back view and a front profile. I didn't add a scarf to these pictures so you could get a better look at the design. This bonnet makes me think of Amelia Earhart for some reason. Maybe it's the way it comes down over the ears. The shaping is really coming together. My prototype failed to capture the fullness of the bonnet and now that's coming in. Give me a couple more days and I think I'll have a pattern that I'm really excited to share!

No comments: