Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sky Blue and Violet Hand Painted Nylon


It's been a long time since I've dyed nylon. This is mostly due to the fact that maintaining my wool inventory can be a full time job. Still, it's fun to work with a totally different fiber from time to time. The truth is, nylon is pretty fun to dye. It drinks color right up and can be very bold and lively.

As you may know if you cruise my blog from time to time, I'm really into painting my roving these days. I just like the process and I love the results. For these two new colors I hand painted the nylon to give it just subtle variegation. I think a little irregularity makes things more interesting and even more natural somehow. When I spin, I love to work with variegated fibers. They make pretty yarn.

These two new shades are now available at Wind Rose: Sky Blue and Violet

No comments: