Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Love Felt!

I really do! I think what draws me to the felting community is that they seem to be having so much fun. It's the joy of fiber arts literally coming to life in figures of all shapes and sizes, overflowing with personality.

A few months ago I started to get orders from a new customer. Since then, she has shared some pictures with me so I can see my roving in action. Writersweekly (her Etsy username) made this fantastic fellow just a couple days ago. She started out making a doll for her nephew, but in her own words, it "morphed into a beach bum hippie".

Don't you just love it when a project takes on a life of its own? Somehow there was a crazy hippie in that roving just wanting to come out.




This bull is another piece of her work. How can a bull look so sweet? I'm attracted to the lines created by the light roving on the bulls head. They add a softness and movement that liven up the face. So often it's the little touches that make these felted wonders stand out.


I want to thank writersweekly for sharing her work with me and allowing me to share it with you. It's always such a pleasure to see what people are making with their needles and wool!

1 comment:

Angela Hoy said...

Wow, Jenn! Thank you sooo much for the warm fuzzies. And thank you even more for the beautiful materials you create! You're awesome! Oh, and I need more flesh tones. My hippie used up a bunch. :)