Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sweetheart - Hand Painted Merino Roving


Dyeing, dyeing and more dyeing. Today I have this pretty new hand painted roving. I wanted to make something totally girly. I happen to be the lone female in a house of males, so I had to concentrate. I channeled baby girl blankets, dollies, valentines day and posies.

The image that finally appeared to me, no doubt thanks to my love of sugar, was that of the little pink sweetheart candies. You know, the ones that say things like "kiss me" and "cutie pie". They come in different colors, but the pink ones stood out in my mind and became my inspiration.

So here is my new hand painted roving design. What am I calling it? Well, Sweetheart, of course! As a matter of fact, 4oz of Sweetheart are already available at Wind Rose. Let the girly spinning commence!

No comments: