Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Regensburg Scarf Preview



Here's a sneak peak at the pattern I'm working on. This is the Regensburg Scarf inspired by my time in Germany. The shape of the scarf is a long narrow triangle. The point is worn in the front and then the ends wrap around your neck and then back to the front. You can let them hang freely or tie them for a cozy and stylish look.

I've been playing around with this pattern for about three weeks now and have come up with several variations that I like. This leads me to a quandary about which I would love your input.

I'm ready to sit down and write my pattern, but I'm not sure how to present it. A couple of the variations are unique enough that they could be written as separate patterns. If you look at the photos above, the scarf in sunset colors is made without a ruffle and in fine [2] weight yarn. On the other hand, the purple scarf next to it is made with a ruffle and in a medium [4] weight yarn.


So I guess, in a nutshell, my question is this. Would you rather purchase a pattern that included several variations and would therefore cost a little more, or would you prefer to be able to pick and choose which look you like and buy that pattern specifically?

Once again, your feedback is seriously appreciated. I'm usually a pretty decisive woman, but I keep going back and forth on this one. Thank you sooo much for your help!

1 comment:

Spinster Beth said...

I've never bought a pattern so I don't know, but I love the orange scarf!