Tuesday, April 2, 2024

So Much is Happening

 March was a busy month for me around here! It was the beginning of my video tutorial making goal. I've been on YouTube for a long time, but I have mostly used my channel to post companion videos for my patterns. This year I have decided to put myself out there and share my designs, one at a time, on YouTube.


This meant updating my tech, learning Final Cut Pro, at least well enough to get started, and also Procreate to make thumbnails and short animations. Filming and editing is not brand new to me, but doing it on a regular schedule is absolutely new. I share a new crochet tutorial every Tuesday, and in the first month, I also created additional content on Saturday. Here are all of my projects for the month of March:

The Teddy Bear Crossbody

How to Sew a Zippered Bag Lining

Megan's Headband 

Crochet Class with Jenn Lesson 1 

Crochet Boho Rings Tutorial 

Wind Rose Fiber Studio Tour 

Hyperbolic Crochet Tutorial

Crochet Class with Jenn Lesson 2 

Who is the crazy person who made 8 videos in one month? Oh yeah, that was me! I'm not even sure how I managed to do all of that, but I just wanted to start off strong. I also wanted to be able to refer to my own videos to help those who are new to crochet get started. That is what inspired the crochet classes. Those were a challenge in part because I show how to crochet both right and left handed. Am I left handed? Um, no, but I just can't stand the thought of leaving out all of the beautiful lefties out there. 



I launched my first April video today as it is Tuesday. This is a
follow up to the Boho Rings Tutorial, because quite a few people enjoyed the first one. And as soon as I hit publish on this post, I'm off to film the next one. 

 

I really hope you'll enjoy the content and maybe find a new pattern to try. I have a lot of designs and I would love to know what you would like to see in the coming months. Do you love accessories, summer cotton jewelry, or maybe even wearables? I am just trying to decide what to share and when. I am very open to suggestions. 

All the best and Happy Spring!

No comments: