Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Just Checking In


This little art basket rests on top of my printer. It's filled with a collection of handspun yarn. They're just bits and pieces really; those remaining yards at the end of each project. I keep them handy to wrap purchases of jewelry and other special items before they post.

Now the basket's quiet presence seems to be a reflection of my own inactivity. My studio lays dark as my attention divides among the ending school year, summer travels and planning for the fall. All of the dyeing and spinning I love, wait patiently for me to sort things out and get back to my usual activities.

Today I'm doing just that. As I write this post, two batches of wool are soaking, getting ready for the dye. It feels good to reunite with the familiar. I'm looking forward to that smell of vinegar and sheep that will fill my kitchen. It calms me and makes me feel like all is well in my world.

No comments: