Thursday, April 30, 2009

Today at Wind Rose Fiber Studio #13 - I've Got Lots of Spinning Projects Coming Up!

I was actually going to do a post without a picture, but then I couldn't stand it. I was so proud of this yarn when I made it. I spent forever filling it with mother of pearl, shells, glass beads and fresh water pearls. It was sparkly and colorful and sold about a minute after I listed it... all three skeins of it! I've been thinking lately that I need to make another Underwater Fantasy yarn, so I've added it to my mental "to do" list.

It's been a while since I've done a "Today at Wind Rose..." post, but they kind of are my "to do" posts. When that mental list gets a little too long to handle, I come over here to my blog and write down everything I'm planning so I don't miss anything.

So here is what I want to accomplish in the near future. I want to spin more hemp and there is a hemp artist to whom I'm sending a free sample in the hopes of some good feedback. I was just tweeting one day and there she was, Hemp Momma. She has a great new Etsy shop and probably thinks I'm crazy to want to just send her free hemp. The thing is, hemp isn't the easiest fiber to spin, so I don't really want to invest my time unless I know I'm making a product with which hemp artists can happily create.

Also on my short list, I want to do some core spinning with whole locks. I have a couple posts from earlier this week showing the Coospworth locks I dyed. Not only do I want to spin them, but I want to make a short video to share. Lock spinning is probably something a lot of people haven't seen.

I also want to make a video about spinning beaded yarn. I put my process into words recently, but it really helps to have a visual. I've already got my beads and roving ready, so it's just a matter of finding time.

Finally, I don't want to forget Mother's Day. I have a design on paper for a woven bead bracelet, now I just need to get to work!

I also have 2.5 more pounds of locks to dye and other fiber to process so, as you can see, plenty to keep me busy. So if you want to see some of these projects in action, come back soon. I'll be documenting my work and sharing my progress.

No comments: