Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Shrug


Happy New Year!  I'm feeling more productive than philosophical on this, the first day of 2012.  Yesterday I started the Aslan Shrug pattern from the winter 2011 issue of Interweave Crochet.  It's a fast moving project.  By the time I put it down in the early evening, the shrug was nearly complete with the exception of the finishing rows.  It took no time at all to work the armholes and end rows this morning and now I'm wearing my new shrug!

The pattern calls for a bulky yarn and a size K hook.  I don't keep a lot of bulky laying around, so I just used worsted weight Merino and kept my stitches nice and relaxed.  The gauge worked out fine and I was able to create the whole piece from remnant skeins.  I decided to use three colors, but perhaps the pineapple theme would stand out more in a single shade.  Pineapples are supposed to be lucky aren't they?  Maybe this is a good way to start the new year!



2 comments:

Mlissabeth said...

This is so beautiful! I would like to try this. I might just have to get that issue of Interweave Crochet.

Joyful said...

It's very nice! I like your colours too. Happy New Year!