Thursday, January 26, 2012

Decorating the Tree


It was a strange feeling to hand my son a few ornaments and ask him to trim the tree.  After all, it is January and I don't usually have a tree in my studio!  

Since I started the 2012 Ornament Project, I figured I may as well keep my 6' pine from Terry's Village in my studio.  That way, as I design a new ornament each month, I can go ahead and see how they look.


Each time I create a new design, I tend to make a handful of them.  Sometimes I play around with the sizing and other times I just get caught up in the process and can't resist making several.  By December, I should have a fully decorated tree.  I think it will be a fun, ongoing project!


PS ~ You can find the free crochet patterns for my ornaments on the Crochet Patterns Page.  This one is called The Flower Wheel.

No comments: