Friday, August 13, 2010

Wool, Metal & Glass Bracelet


I really don't need an excuse to play with beads, but it doesn't hurt that they look great with fiber. I love mixing wool, metal & glass!

I know I've posted a similar bracelet in the past, but today I was perfecting my design. The bead droplets are actually a new addition to this wool wrapped bracelet. I tried making them with beads before and it didn't quite work. When I switched to these teardrop shaped beads, it came together. I like them because they add even more color possibilities even though I chose to go more monotone today.

These bracelets look so cute on, but they are such a challenge to photograph. (My hat's off to people who work with jewelry full time.) They wear like bangles without all the clinking around and the fiber beads are very eye catching. People tend to look twice and you can see them trying to identify the soft forms.

I ended up giving away all of the first bracelets I made in this style; sisters, niece, mom, you know how it is. I've been wanting to make some more and yesterday I think I received my inspiration. My son takes art classes at this very cool music and arts center and they are putting on a craft show this fall. I haven't done the vendor thing for over three years, but now I'm thinking about it.

No comments: