Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gaia Headdress


I always feel bad when I'm away from my blog for a day, but from time to time I get caught up in other activities. This weekend I've been devoting myself to costume preparation.

There is an annual party that my family and I attend. This party is given a new theme each year. This year the theme is Greek.

I can't do the toga thing. I'd be lying if I said I've never been to a toga party, but I just don't feel like running around in a sheet. Besides, it's not very original.

I decided to be my own version of Gaia, basically the Greek Mother Earth. This started a debate in my house over whether or not Gaia is truly Greek or technically a Titan. That's what I get for marrying a man who played Dungeons & Dragons as a kid. Greek or Titan, the name Gaia comes from Ancient Greek and means land or earth. So there!

Anyway, the eye catching piece of my costume will be this flowered headdress that I made yesterday. I also plan to have the flowers spill onto my clothes as though where I go, nature goes with me. My sons have embraced the idea of being Greek gods, so at least I won't be the only one doing my own thing.

3 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

How fun! Love your design and the idea of being different.

Heather Woollove said...

How fantastic!!! Have a wonderful
time...I know you will look AMAZING!!

Zzz said...

You will be the eye catcher :)