Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tour de Fleece Spinning & a New Weaving Book!



Here I have picture of my completed Jacob Swirl Yarn (black & white) from yesterday. It's now been cleaned and allowed to dry. I had such a good time making this yarn, that I'm planning a similar style with the roving I carded this morning. The roving on the left, Bottle Green and Sea Spray, will be the main ply and the plain Sea Spray will be spun into a lace weight that will allow the first ply to stand out. This time I'm going for a bulkier yarn. I just think it will be pretty.


Changing topics, I'm very excited to share this book with you today. I don't nearly get enough time to weave these days, but when I saw that Mary Walker, Liz Munk and Jennie Slick were combining their knowledge and expertise, I immediately pre-ordered a copy!

The Weaver's Book offers us an amazing step-by-step tutorial on "How to Weave the Navajo Way". It takes you from building the loom to spinning the yarn and carefully walks you through technique after technique. It's full of color photographs to help you along your journey. This book is quite simply, a treasure!

You can learn more about The Weaver's Book at Weaving in Beauty, by Mary Walker. You can take a sneak peek inside the book and order one for yourself through her website. It's also available to download. Books like this one do not come around everyday, so I needed to share this special publication with you!

No comments: