Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Visit to the Santa Fe International Folk Art Market


I'm back from a wonderful weekend in Santa Fe, New Mexico where I visited the International Folk Art Market. I put some of my photographs together so you can get an idea of just how colorful and vibrant this festival is.

I can't wait to share some of my art purchases with you as well as what my kids picked out. Our shopping took us from Peru to Swaziland and on to Morrocco, Chile and Kyrgyzstan. You feel as though you are walking the globe as you pass from one booth to the next. Your mind struggles to keep up with your senses as you take in the embroidery, weaving, metalsmithing, painting and bead work.


I have to get myself organized and then I'll be back with more pictures and information. I can't wait to share it all with you!

No comments: