Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Spruce & Happy Green BFL


Blue Faced Leicester has long been one of my personal favorites. This week I'm working on getting some colorful batches of BFL into the shops. Here are the first two: Spruce and Happy Green.

So why do I like this fiber? For starters, I like the feel of it. Some fibers just feel nice passing through your fingers as you spin. BFL is soft, but with just enough texture to make it interesting. It also has a 5" staple length. This makes it a great choice for beginning spinners. It's actually the fiber I normally recommend when people ask me what they should buy if they are just getting started. Of course experienced spinners like it too. It also loves to take color so I am looking forward to filling the shops with a rainbow of Blue Faced Leicester!

No comments: