Monday, September 28, 2009

Sandy Beach ~ The Perfect Light Skin Tone


For some time now, I have been developing colors that represent different skin tones. My goal has been to supply the felting community with great, very natural looking shades for their lifelike projects. The colors have been very popular and have even found a home among those who felt animals and the spinners too. I think that many of us who work with wool are drawn to colors that can actually be found in nature.

Sandy Beach, the wool pictured here, is not a part of the original eight skin tones I designed, but it may just be the perfect choice if you are trying to create a light skin color. It's not a porcelain, but a very natural looking shade with just the right combination of browns and incredibly subtle peach to make it look quite true to life.

You can find Sandy Beach sold in 1oz lots at Wind Rose on Etsy and also in My ArtFire Shop.

No comments: