Monday, July 19, 2010

Blended Alpaca, Merino & Silk ~ The Newest Additon to Wind Rose!


This is it. This is my last week of summer vacation before my kids go back to school and I go back to teaching. What does this mean? It means that I'm still sitting here in my jammies at 2:00 in the afternoon desperately trying to get Wind Rose Fiber Studio as organized as I can.

Throughout most of the year, I juggle the roles of teacher and manager of my Etsy store. During the summer, I try to accomplish as much as I can as far as dyeing, stocking inventory and just general housekeeping, or in this case, studiokeeping. In the process, I always stumble upon a few surprises.

Today's unexpected discovery is this gorgeous blend of Alpaca/Merino/Silk Roving! It's obviously something I planned to dye and list in my shop some time ago because I already had the fiber divided into 4oz lots. I saved some for dyeing, but I decided to list some ecru in the store for people who like natural fiber or who like to do their own dye work. There are four options. You can purchase a 4oz, 2.3oz, 1.7oz or 1oz amount of roving from Wind Rose on Etsy. I also put a few extra 1oz packs in my ArtFire shop.

This fiber is so nice. The 50% Alpaca gives the roving a 5" staple length. The 30% Merino gives it some body and the 20% Silk adds that silky shine. It's all you could ever want in a fiber really. It kills me that I've had it for months and forgot about it; a casualty of my frenzied existence!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your'e a teacher??? Well, i bet you're the best liked one in the school!:)