Saturday, April 11, 2009

Nesting Marshmallow Chick

It's quite possible that I'm the last person in the world to discover this cute idea, but just in case I'm not, I thought I'd share. I was picking up a couple things at my local market today and the bakery had these for sale. I thought it was such a cute idea that instead of buying the ready made ones, I bought what I needed to make them with my kids.

This is such a kid friendly little project. The nest is just one of those sponge cakes you buy in six packs usually marketed near the strawberries for shortcake. On top of that is whipped white icing from the baking isle. I probably don't have to tell you that the grass is sweetened coconut with a little green food coloring added. Then just nest your little chick right in the middle. I like to put a couple jellybeans around the chick as though there are still a few eggs waiting to hatch.

1 comment:

Classic Mully said...

That is so cute! (NOT the last person to try it!) I'll have to do that tomorrow! (P.S. the plavors were for the body scrubs coming out Wednesday! Shhh) :)