Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wonderful new fibers on the way!


Sometimes timing can be cruel!  Just yesterday I received the shipment I've been waiting for.  A 35 pound box arrived at my door fill with gorgeous fibers!  There's an 80/20 blend of Merino and Tussah Silk, a 50/50 blend of Merino and silk and I also order 100% Tussah Silk Top.  I just can't wait to get my hands on it.  I have a blend of Alpaca, Merino and Silk as well and it feels amazing! 

I'm going to start selling ecru yarns for the people who like to dye their own.  I have a beautiful brushed mohair, a straight merino, a thick and thin soft wool and a playful boucle.  I'm hoping to find the time to dye some of this up myself!

I'll be introducing a new nylon called Snow Mountain.  I'll be selling it as an ecru for dyers, but I'll also be dyeing up some colors for the shop.  I like the idea of offering a fiber that's light and easy care for the warm weather months.  I know some of you may be asking "What about cotton?"  The truth is I just don't enjoy dyeing or spinning cotton.  I don't like the shrink factor or that it doesn't stay as color fast.  As much as I love natural fibers, cotton is not among them.  I'm sorry cotton lovers.

And for all of you who have become fans of Firestar.  I just got in a ton.  Well not literally a ton, but a whole bunch.  We'll be sparkling all Spring with the inventory I just received!

The cruel timing of it all is that I have to go out of town for five days.  All of this amazing fiber sitting in my studio and I have to wait?!*  Ugh!

No comments: