Saturday, February 14, 2009

Firestar (dye free)


What is Firestar? It's a sparkling nylon fiber, created like roving with a generous (around 4") staple length. It can be spun on its own for a shimmering skein of yarn that would be stunning for warm weather garments. More commonly, it is used to add sparkle to projects. A little Firestar can go a long way. Simply tease loose the fibers and introduce them sparingly to your roving as you spin. The end result will be a skein of yarn full of lustrous shine. Firestar blends incredibly well with other fibers.

Weekends have become catch-up time for me at Wind Rose. My focus is now divided during the weekdays, so on the weekends I dedicate myself to my fiber. Before I went out of town a week or so ago, I posted a picture of all of the beautiful fibers I had just gotten in. I plan to be dyeing these fibers for my customers, but I also like to offer some dye free for those who like to do their own dye work. Firestar is first up, but there more on the way!

No comments: