Saturday, February 21, 2009

Snow Mountain in Three New Colors!



Here are my first three shades of hand dyed Snow Mountain. Boy does this fiber take to color! It's sort of obvious, but the first three colors are Purple, Pink and Teal. Snow Mountain is a brand new fiber for Wind Rose Fiber Studio. I haven't even gotten a chance to play around with it yet, but I can already imagine some good applications. I think it would be perfect to blend into sock yarn to give it some elasticity and help the finished socks hold their shape. Likewise it would be good for cuff bracelets or wrist warmers and hats. I also like the fact that it's cooler than wool so it could be fun for summer attire. As a spinner, I appreciate the approx. 4" staple length, the softness and draftability of Snow Mountain.

No comments: