Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Spinning Wheel - A Peek At My Newest Art Yarn Design!


It's been a long day. I still have various colors of paint all over my hands from a Jackson Pollock art project with my son's third grade class. I also still need to head downstairs and put dinner on the table, but at some point tonight, I'll be at my spinning wheel. It's my favorite way to unwind. I guess that's a little ironic since just the opposite will be happening to the merino on my bobbin.

Just for fun I thought I'd share my latest project with you. The photograph doesn't really represent the colors well. It's night time here and the florescent bulbs in my office are casting a yellow light. My main fiber is merino dyed a shade I call Sun Touched. It's actually part of my skin tone roving line. The name describes it well. It's fair with a hint of brown. I also have some matching firestar that I'm working in to incorporate some sparkle. Both of these fibers though, are really just a neutral backdrop to the eye popping red coral in fanciful oblong shapes that I'm spinning directly into the yarn. The colors are looking really nice together. I think the finished yarn will have a sophisticated look. I'll be back to show you when the spinning is all done. See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

agoodwitchtoo said...

Oooh... I can't wait to see it!

You realize I live vicariously through you right? LOL.